There are a few simple ground rules, to keep conversation from turning into a shouting match that discourages others from entering into the fray.
If you don’t want to read below, just remember “Minnesota Nice”.
So here is my comments policy. By posting on my community blog, you agree to the following:
- You must register to comment.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. We are better together so it is wise to ask and answer questions here for all to share in the wisdom.
- You may disagree. I welcome debate. However, I ask that if you disagree with me—or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful. In my opinion, there is way too much shouting in the public square to tolerate it here.
- I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. If you’re a U.S. citizen, The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog not mine.
Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, if it is relevant, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. My aim is to increase the quality of life in the “city of quality living.” I believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.